Princess

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Never for me!




I am not wanting to sound like a bitter and twisted old hag! I dont think I am one! So definitely dont want to sound like one! But sometimes things happen to people and I have to think....why not me!

It will sound unbelievably selfish when I write about this. UNBELIEVABLY! But its something I have to vent about.

A friend of mine got a wonderful present today from her boyfriend of three years. Wonderful wonderful present. And PLEASE dont get me wrong! I couldnt be happier for her! she deserves it as she is as wonderful as the gift!

But I have to ask myself...why is this never me?!

Now ok..having a boyfriend would help! Of course it would!! But even when I do have partners I have never ever ever once had a partner that was thoughtful, or even after years together knew what to buy me.

Now we are not talking expensive gifts. (although I'm only human....they wouldnt go amiss either!) but I mean thoughtful gifts. A token to show this person knows you as well as you know yourself.

I am not a secretive person! Are many females I wonder when it comes to likes and dislikes. And I have never found out why when I am so vocal about likes and dislikes I never have someone who knows just what to get me!

It's natural to be envious of those in loving relationships who's boyfriends continually spoil them with tokens of affection! But I have to ask...at the ripe old age of 30, when is my turn?!! If ever!x

No comments:

Post a Comment