Princess

Wednesday 5 January 2011

This is not the new year new me I had planned!





I was so into making the New Year my professional bitch! I really was.

I was promoted last year but due to the circumstances, and health issues I was unable to make the most of it I feel.

We have new people now at work, fresh eyes, fresh ideas and keen. Exactly how I was when I started all those years ago, and I don't want to lose that!

I have been promoted yet haven't been making my mark! I haven't been dynamic, forceful, out there stamping my name over everything and its time for that to change!

I have always been a fan of the power dressing (fashionably of course!) And plan to keep that up all year round, not just Mon-Thurs and slob on a Friday!

I bought a professional (and rather expensive) diary/organiser. It already made me feel more empowered! I had read up on all the latest updates emailed through and planned to continue to do so instead of being too busy to update myself and filing them all for a "non busy period" that never arrives!

But then....completely unplanned for the day before going back to work I feel unwell. Then really unwell! Then in pain, voice goes and hey presto am unwell!

Urgh!

This does not go with the new power dressing, Filofax carrying me!!

I lost my voice and can barely speak without coughing and smell of Vicks vapor rub and cough syrup.

Day two of the "new start" and I am advised to stay home :(

After my horrific sickness record last year (from an ongoing issue that is being taken care of by the hospital) number one on my priority list was to clean that record UP and be reliable/dependable like I used to be! Everyone relied on me and COULD! The beginning of last year I was an unreliable, crumbling "patient" as someone described me!

I am sad my new start didn't get off how I'd planned. I guess all the best laid plans never think to encounter health! I am dosed up to the eyeballs and hoping to be over it soon.

Maybe next Monday can be my "new start" its only a week later after all!x

2 comments:

  1. Just re-group and kickstart your 'new me' next week. There has been so many viruses over the Christmas break that you can't help being ill. ps I love your new filofax! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee thank you!! And yes there were! And still viruses hanging around now!x

    ReplyDelete